Off-duty NYPD cop kills wife, self
Sherlon Smikle chased his wife, an NYPD school-safety agent, down the street before shooting her 4 times
By Natasha Velez, Erin Calabrese, Larry Celona and Jamie Schram
The New York Post
NEW YORK — An off-duty police officer gunned down his wife on a Queens street last night before turning the weapon on himself, all because she didn't cook dinner, according to law enforcement sources.
Sherlon Smikle, 33, chased his wife, an NYPD school-safety agent, down the block outside their St. Albans home at about 7 p.m., then blasted her four times with a shotgun, the sources said. Her name was not immediately released.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty NYPD cop kills wife, self
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police