Off-duty police officer attacked while jogging
A Hispanic man approached the officer and tried ripping off her clothes then ran away
CHICAGO — An off-duty police officer jogging on a path near Sauganash Park and the LaBagh Woods on the Northwest Side was attacked by a man who tried to rip her clothes off.
The officer fought back and yelled, and the attacker took off running. The assault happened about 2:50 p.m. Thursday near Bryn Mawr and Lowell avenues in the Sauganash neighborhood.
The man wanted for the attack was described by police as Hispanic, between 22 and 26, about 5-foot-7, 140-150 pounds with short black hair. He was wearing a gray short-sleeve T-shirt and blue jeans.
The officer was taken to Swedish Covenant Hospital.
Copyright 2013 the Chicago Tribune
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds