Texas officer hurt in crash succumbs to injuries
Officer Heather Phares passed away Monday morning, four days after she crashed into a big rig
By PoliceOne Staff
MIDLOTHIAN, Texas — A police officer who was critically injured in an off-duty crash last week has died from her injuries.
Officer Heather Phares passed away Monday morning, four days after she rear-ended a big rig while driving back from a special assignment with a local school district, according to MyFoxDFW.
"The Midlothian Police Department has lost one of our finest and there are no words to express our deep sadness," the department said in a release.
Phares joined the Midlothian Police Department at 21-years-old after graduating from North Texas Council of Governments Regional Police Academy. She was 22 when she died.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend