Texas officer hurt in crash succumbs to injuries
Officer Heather Phares passed away Monday morning, four days after she crashed into a big rig
By PoliceOne Staff
MIDLOTHIAN, Texas — A police officer who was critically injured in an off-duty crash last week has died from her injuries.
Officer Heather Phares passed away Monday morning, four days after she rear-ended a big rig while driving back from a special assignment with a local school district, according to MyFoxDFW.
"The Midlothian Police Department has lost one of our finest and there are no words to express our deep sadness," the department said in a release.
Phares joined the Midlothian Police Department at 21-years-old after graduating from North Texas Council of Governments Regional Police Academy. She was 22 when she died.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash