Off-duty Texas cop killed in ambush
An off-duty officer was killed after being shot multiple times outside a tattoo parlor Sunday
By PoliceOne Staff
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — An off-duty officer was killed after being shot multiple times outside a tattoo parlor Sunday.
According to My San Antonio, Officer Julian Pesina, 29, was leaving the tattoo parlor he owns when he was ambushed by at least two individuals.
Officer Pesina was shot six to nine times with a shotgun and a handgun, KHOU reported.
Pesina was taken to a nearby hospital where he died an hour later.
"That's one of the hardest things we have to do is invest a crime scene involving one of our own. It's draining mentally and physically," said Chief Henry Dominguez.
Investigators are looking for the gunmen.
Pesina was a seven-year veteran of the Balcones Heights Police Department, according to KHOU.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house