NY firefighter assaults cop, others in bar rampage
An NYC firefighter was arrested Sunday after multiple attacks that began inside a hotel bar
By PoliceOne Staff
NEW YORK CITY — An NYC firefighter was arrested Sunday after multiple attacks that began inside a hotel bar.
According to the New York Post, 33-year-old Richard Avecedo was kicked out of a rooftop bar and got in an argument with a security guard, striking him.
When police arrived, Avecedo refused to cooperate and resisted arrest — kicking an officer in the leg after he was handcuffed.
The off-duty firefighter was transported to the hospital for injuries sustained in the scuffle, where he then threatened staff.
The officer was also treated at the hospital and released, NBC New York reported.
Avecedo has been charged with assault, obstructing governmental administration and disorderly conduct.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper