Prosecutors weigh charges against NFL star in club brawl with Philly cops
Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy was in a fight that injured two off-duty officers
PHILADELPHIA — Prosecutors are reviewing a police file as they decide whether to charge Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy in a Philadelphia nightclub brawl that left two off-duty police officers injured.
The 27-year-old McCoy has retained a high-profile criminal defense lawyer while prosecutors review the police findings on the fight early Sunday.
The Philadelphia Police Department says the argument began as a possible misunderstanding over a bottle of champagne. Police say the off-duty officers were kicked and punched, leaving one with a broken nose and broken ribs and the other with a possible skull fracture.
Defense lawyer Jack McMahon represents McCoy. He says he doesn't want to comment until a decision is made on charges.
McCoy played for the Bills this past season after six years with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman