A sergeant's tip for holiday giving
This year, however, I'm going to do things a little differently. When the economy gets bad, charities suffer. So I'm going to chose one of my favorite police charities and make a donation in each of my officer's names. There are so many to chose from, like the NLEOMF, Concerns of Police Survivors, your local "Shop With a Cop" program, the USO, or even organizations like St. Baldricks, where lots of local cops get their heads shaved to raise money to battle childhood cancer. I'm sure there are many more local and national charities that would love to have law enforcement's help this year. Just like my guys, you all give your time so generously and you are risking your lives everyday for your communities. This year, however, consider giving just a little more; instead of a gift card, a new knife, or a bottle of wine, consider the gift of a donation.
And please, don't tell Roger, Bill, The Champ, Roy, Skirp, Isaac, D.J. or either of The Rookies, because I want it be a surprise!
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help