Video: How to raise courageous children
Debbie Gardner, co-author of the book “Raising Kids who can Protect Themselves,” says that eye contact is critical for their safety. Force your kids to order their own food at restaurants and make them stand in line with the biggest and meanest looking clerk on staff.
People behind you won’t be happy, but you shouldn’t care about them. It’s a great idea; try it out with your little ones.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house