Video: Calls involving off-duty officers
Clear and accurate communication between an off-duty officer and the 911 call taker when the cop is involved in an off-duty incident can be critical to that law enforcer’s survival. In this video tactical tip, PoliceOne Columnist Betsy Brantner Smith recommends some tips to help dispatchers get from that officer the important information responding officers will need once they get to the scene to assist.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house