Fla. deputies fired in growing scandal
By Michael A. Scarcella
Copyright 2006 Sarasota Herald-Tribune Co.
All Rights Reserved
Two area sheriff's deputies have been fired and another suspended, adding to the list of officers named in a police corruption probe of criminal activity at a Palmetto strip club.
Manatee County sheriff's deputies Barrett Biggs and Brian Hall were fired this week for employee misconduct for reportedly taking free drinks at the club, Cleopatra's. Deputy Daniel E. Martin was suspended without pay for 30 days.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. deputies fired in growing scandal
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house