N.Y. police shooting described as an accident
Bradley Hope, Staff Reporter of the Sun
The New York Sun
Copyright 2006 The New York Sun, One SL, LLC
All Rights Reserved
The sergeant who fired his weapon hitting a 15-year-old boy in the back of the leg appears to have accidentally shot his weapon after getting bumped by someone, police officials said yesterday.
At 1:15 a.m. on Sunday, six police officers responded to an anonymous 911 call about a "fight with a gun" in a 9th floor apartment at 419 E. 93rd Street in Manhattan. In the hallway of the housing project, they could smell marijuana and inside the apartment they found a party with about 50 teenagers and young adults, Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne, a spokesman for the police department, said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.Y. police shooting described as an accident
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic