N.C. deputy punished for using 'unintentional' force in arrest
By Kristen Kridel
As a punishment, Deputy First Class Christopher Kearney will receive counseling and complete retraining in the proper use of force and compliance techniques, according to a Charlotte County Sheriff's Office internal affairs report released Friday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house