La. ex-cop gets five years in scandal
By Bruce Hamilton, St. Tammany bureau
Panagiotis "Takis" Kondylis' surprise plea came on a day when town officials were set to consider a proposal by Sheriff Jack Strain to contract his deputies' services to Abita Springs, a plan that could entail replacing the town's police department with a substation. Kondylis' trial was scheduled to begin in 19 days.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: La. ex-cop gets five years in scandal
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court