Fla. officer accused of stealing money from UO fired
By DAVID OVALLE
A Miami-Dade police officer was arrested Thursday night in
The officer, Jose Novoa, a five-year veteran, has been relieved of duty.
On late Thursday night, he had not been booked into the county jail system, said corrections spokeswoman Janelle Hall.
Police did not specify what the charges against Novoa would be.
The department's professional compliance bureau received several compliants about Novoa, according to a news release, but it was unclear how long he had been under investigation.
It is also unclear how Novoa, 30, stole the money, or whether he used his sidearm.
Miami Herald (http://www.herald.com/)
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms