Ex- Ga. officer admits robbing drivers during traffic stops
By Bill Torpy
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
A former Cedar-town police officer pleaded guilty Monday in federal court to stopping Hispanics and stealing money from them.
Douglas Damiano, 37, admitted that he stopped the motorists under the pretext of a traffic stop but then either asked them for their wallets or went through their vehicles looking for money.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police