Ex- Ga. officer admits robbing drivers during traffic stops
By Bill Torpy
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
A former Cedar-town police officer pleaded guilty Monday in federal court to stopping Hispanics and stealing money from them.
Douglas Damiano, 37, admitted that he stopped the motorists under the pretext of a traffic stop but then either asked them for their wallets or went through their vehicles looking for money.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman