Slaying occurred minutes after Texas officer let incorrect man go
MARGARITA MARTÍN-HIDALGO, Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS
Had he checked the computer in his squad car, Rockwall Officer Josh Stamper would have known the driver he'd stopped was suspected of threatening someone at gunpoint, police officials say.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic