Detroit officer sprang stepson from jail
The Associated Press
PORT HURON- A Saint Clair County sheriff's lieutenant says a Detroit police officer showed his badge, signed release papers and picked up his stepson from the jail.
Jail authorities became suspicious two hours after the release Tuesday when Detroit police called and said they would send an officer to pick up the suspect.
Sheriff's Lieutenant Bill Worden says the Detroit officer acted without Detroit police authorization and has been suspended.
Detroit police have re-arrested the 20-year-old suspect.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests