Wisc. officer to plead guilty to falsifying identity
By John Diedrich
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Milwaukee, Wisc. — A man born in Mexico who assumed a dead relative's identity and became a Milwaukee police officer has agreed to plead guilty to a federal felony, according to court documents filed Friday.
Because of the plea, Ayala-Cornejo faces six to 12 months' incarceration, said Assistant U.S. Attorney Mel Johnson, the prosecutor in the case. The U.S. attorney's office is recommending a sentence on the low side of that range, the document says. Ayala-Cornejo has agreed to leave the United States. He is a Mexican citizen.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy