NYPD fires popular officer on suspicion of taking bribes
BY ROCCO PARASCANDOLA. STAFF WRITER
Copyright 2006 Newsday, Inc.
A Queens detective accused of taking bribes has been fired by the NYPD four days before he would have been eligible to collect his pension, Newsday has learned.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend