Chicago officer sentenced to 5 years for off-duty fight
By Norman Parish
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — A Chicago Police officer has been sentenced to five years in prison for beating an Iowa college student to the point of brain injury and broken nose and jaw.
An Iowa judge Monday sentenced Michael Mette following his conviction for an assault causing serious injury, said Assistant Dubuque County attorney Timothy Gallagher.
The incident occurred in October 2005 near the University of Dubuque campus.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help