Chicago officer sentenced to 5 years for off-duty fight
By Norman Parish
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — A Chicago Police officer has been sentenced to five years in prison for beating an Iowa college student to the point of brain injury and broken nose and jaw.
An Iowa judge Monday sentenced Michael Mette following his conviction for an assault causing serious injury, said Assistant Dubuque County attorney Timothy Gallagher.
The incident occurred in October 2005 near the University of Dubuque campus.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic