S.F. plan to track police criticized
Susan Sward, Chronicle Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 The Chronicle Publishing Co.
All Rights Reserved
Two months after Mayor Gavin Newsom vowed to "ride roughshod" over the San Francisco Police Department to get a tracking system capable of identifying problem officers, the department has produced a draft plan that experts in police practices and some local officials say is flawed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: S.F. plan to track police criticized
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help