'Mafia cop,' lawyers to part ways
Copyright 2006 Newsday, Inc.
By ANTHONY M. DESTEFANO
Convicted "Mafia Cop" Louis Eppolito and his well-known attorney, Bruce Cutler, have just about parted ways, according to the latest court filings.
In a letter filed Friday with Brooklyn federal Judge Jack Weinstein, Cutler's co-counsel Bettina Schein, who also represented Eppolito during his recent racketeering trial, said the lawyers want out from the case. Her letter followed comments by Eppolito in an interview that he felt "abandoned" by the lawyers during the trial after they allegedly refused to allow him to testify.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 'Mafia cop,' lawyers to part ways
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house