Prosecutors drop Ohio police union president's DUI
Copyright 2006 The Columbus Dispatch
All Rights Reserved
Sobriety tests were conducted incorrectly
By JOHN FUTTY
The Columbus Dispatch
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Prosecutors dismissed a drunken-driving charge against the head of the local police union this week, after a Pickaway County judge cited problems in the way deputies conducted field sobriety tests.
Leif Bickel, president of the Fraternal Order of Police Capital City Lodge No. 9, was convicted of the remaining charge, failure to control, after pleading no contest Tuesday in Circleville Municipal Court.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend