Prosecutors drop Ohio police union president's DUI
Copyright 2006 The Columbus Dispatch
All Rights Reserved
Sobriety tests were conducted incorrectly
By JOHN FUTTY
The Columbus Dispatch
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Prosecutors dismissed a drunken-driving charge against the head of the local police union this week, after a Pickaway County judge cited problems in the way deputies conducted field sobriety tests.
Leif Bickel, president of the Fraternal Order of Police Capital City Lodge No. 9, was convicted of the remaining charge, failure to control, after pleading no contest Tuesday in Circleville Municipal Court.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help