Texas: Highest-paid HPD officer also racks up reprimands
Copyright 2006 The Houston Chronicle Publishing Company
All Rights Reserved
The complaints range from verbal abuse to filing false time sheets
By STEVE MCVICKER, MATT STILES, and ANITA HASSAN
The Houston Chronicle
HOUSTON, Texas — The Houston Police Department officer who pulls down more pay than anyone in the department outside of the chief is also one of the most reprimanded officers on the force.
Last year, senior officer William Lindsey Jr. grossed more than $170,000 - over $100,000 of it in overtime - as a member of the HPD's drunken driving task force.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend