2 Texas officers suspended for excessive force on a teen
SAN ANTONIO -- A pair of San Antonio police officers have been placed on temporary suspension without pay following their arrests this week on federal charges.
Officer Roberto Garza Jr. is accused of violating the civil rights of a 16-year-old when the lawman allegedly used excessive force during the arrest of the teen in March 2003 following a police chase.
Garza, a five-year veteran of the force, allegedly punched the handcuffed juvenile and hit the teen with his knee, the release said...
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court