Ex-deputy says Colo. department is corrupt
Ivan Moreno & Hector Gutierrez
Rocky Mountain News
ELBERT COUNTY, Colo — An Elbert County sheriff's deputy who was fired earlier this year claims the department is rife with corruption, including unjustified arrests, on-the-job drinking and strip searches of women while deputies watched.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-deputy says Colo. department is corrupt
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house