Texas officer charged with drunken driving
The Associated Press
AUSTIN- A veteran of the Austin police department remains under investigation after he crashed his car into a ditch and was charged with drunken driving.
Cmdr. James O'Leary, 61, was charged Sunday after he crashed his personal vehicle at Austin-Bergstrom International airport. There were no injuries.
O'Leary was released on bail from the Travis County jail on Monday. A telephone call to a number listed as O'Leary's residence was not answered Tuesday.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman