Texas officer charged with drunken driving
The Associated Press
AUSTIN- A veteran of the Austin police department remains under investigation after he crashed his car into a ditch and was charged with drunken driving.
Cmdr. James O'Leary, 61, was charged Sunday after he crashed his personal vehicle at Austin-Bergstrom International airport. There were no injuries.
O'Leary was released on bail from the Travis County jail on Monday. A telephone call to a number listed as O'Leary's residence was not answered Tuesday.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic