Fla. sheriff resigns amid corruption probe
By Curt Anderson
The Associated Press
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — The sheriff of Broward County resigned Tuesday amid a corruption investigation, and a law enforcement official said a plea deal was in the works involving federal tax evasion and mail fraud charges.
Sheriff Ken Jenne made his resignation official in an e-mail to his employees and in a separate letter to Gov. Charlie Crist.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. sheriff resigns amid corruption probe
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help