Fla. sheriff resigns amid corruption probe
By Curt Anderson
The Associated Press
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — The sheriff of Broward County resigned Tuesday amid a corruption investigation, and a law enforcement official said a plea deal was in the works involving federal tax evasion and mail fraud charges.
Sheriff Ken Jenne made his resignation official in an e-mail to his employees and in a separate letter to Gov. Charlie Crist.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. sheriff resigns amid corruption probe
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman