E. St. Louis officer held in beating after bike theft
By Denise Hollinshed ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
Copyright 2006 St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Inc.
O'FALLON An East St. Louis police officer who lives in O'Fallon has been charged with aggravated battery in the beating of an 18-year-old who is hospitalized in critical condition.
The officer, Allen E. Bonds, 41, kicked and beat Jermond Owens in the head and left him unconscious after Owens stole a bike from the officer's son, O'Fallon police charged.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic