E. St. Louis officer held in beating after bike theft
By Denise Hollinshed ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
Copyright 2006 St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Inc.
O'FALLON An East St. Louis police officer who lives in O'Fallon has been charged with aggravated battery in the beating of an 18-year-old who is hospitalized in critical condition.
The officer, Allen E. Bonds, 41, kicked and beat Jermond Owens in the head and left him unconscious after Owens stole a bike from the officer's son, O'Fallon police charged.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman