$5,000 earmarked for NYPD party stolen; inside job suspected
BY ROCCO PARASCANDOLA. STAFF WRITER
Copyright 2006 Newsday, Inc.
The New York Police Department believes it has another thief on its hands - a brazen one who managed to steal $5,000 in holiday party funds from an office inside its tightly monitored Manhattan headquarters, Newsday has learned.
News of the theft at One Police Plaza in December comes on the heels of reports that guns and money were stolen recently from the 110th Precinct in Elmhurst.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police