La. board OKs firing officer who tested positive for steroids
RICHARD BURGESS; ACADIANA BUREAU
Copyright 2006 Capital City Press
All Rights Reserved
LAFAYETTE - The Municipal Fire and Police Civil Service Board voted Tuesday to overturn the termination of one officer who tested positive for steroids and uphold the termination of a second officer who also tested positive for the drug, according to one the men's attorneys.
John Keith Richard and Trampus Gaspard were fired from the Lafayette City Police Department last year after positive drug tests in an internal affairs investigation that focused on alleged connections the officers had to a drug suspect.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house