Former Tenn. officer accused of planting crack
By Brian Lazenby
The Chattanooga Times Free Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — A federal judge on Thursday let a defendant withdraw his previous guilty plea after viewing a video of a traffic stop that a defense lawyer claims shows a former Chattanooga police officer planting drugs.
Defense lawyer Ashley Ownby claims that former Chattanooga Police Officer Lawrence Goodine planted crack cocaine on his client, Leslie Allen.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Former Tenn. officer accused of planting crack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms