Former Tenn. officer accused of planting crack
By Brian Lazenby
The Chattanooga Times Free Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — A federal judge on Thursday let a defendant withdraw his previous guilty plea after viewing a video of a traffic stop that a defense lawyer claims shows a former Chattanooga police officer planting drugs.
Defense lawyer Ashley Ownby claims that former Chattanooga Police Officer Lawrence Goodine planted crack cocaine on his client, Leslie Allen.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Former Tenn. officer accused of planting crack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman