Thousands of dollars missing from St. Louis police vault
By Bill Bryan
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Also in the news: Texas sheriff worries about 'gypsy cops':
Proof that he doesn't sweep scandals under the rug
ST. LOUIS — Thousands of dollars in cash — perhaps $40,000 or more — has been stolen from the evidence vault in the property-custody room in the basement of St. Louis Police Headquarters, the Post-Dispatch has learned.
The theft is the second from a safe inside the Police Department this year. Police Chief Joe Mokwa disciplined several high-ranking officers for their lack of accountability in that earlier case, the department confirmed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy