Accused Wis. officer has history of assault complaints
JOHN DIEDRICH, Staff, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Copyright 2006 Journal Sentinel Inc.
Milwaukee Police Officer Steven Lelinski, who is charged with sexual assault, was accused of committing similar crimes by at least six other women in the past decade but never charged by the district attorney's office, according to police, court and prosecution records.
Police presented at least five of the cases to prosecutors, who declined to issue charges, saying the accusers were not credible so there wasn't enough evidence to convict Lelinski.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help