NYPD corruption cases surged in 2006
By Murray Weiss
The New York Post
NEW YORK — The number of NYPD cops using drugs, stealing property — even from the dead — and committing other acts of corruption, including extorting sex from female suspects, spiked sharply last year, according to a confidential NYPD report.
The astonishing wrongdoing in cluded everything from cops solicit ing sex in exchange for overlooking crimes to stealing credit cards from the homes of dead people to hiring a hit man to commit murder.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD corruption cases surged in 2006
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman