Ex-Texas officer convicted of two more felonies
Robert Tharp, Staff Writer
The Dallas Morning News
Copyright 2006 The Dallas Morning News
Five years after a police scandal caused dozens of innocent people to be arrested and jailed, the Dallas officer at the center of the controversy was handed new felony convictions Friday for falsifying a police report and lying in his last trial.
The two guilty verdicts make a total of three felony convictions against former narcotics detective Mark Delapaz, whose work with crooked drug informants in 2001 caused the fraudulent arrests.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-Texas officer convicted of two more felonies
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police