Ore. officer on leave after fatal crash
By DEE ANNE FINKEN
The Oregonian (Portland, Oregon)
Copyright 2006 The Oregonian
All Rights Reserved
GRESHAM, Ore.- A Gresham police officer was placed on administrative leave following a weekend collision involving a patrol car and a minivan that left a 29-year-old Portland man dead and two other men hospitalized.
Police refused to comment on reports that the officer was not operating the vehicle's siren or emergency lights and ran a stop sign before hitting the side of the 1996 Dodge Caravan on Saturday night.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ore. officer on leave after fatal crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house