Ky. officers suspended over MySpace comments
The Associated Press
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Three police officers were suspended over Web site comments about their jobs and derogatory language about gays and the mentally disabled.
The suspensions came after two other officers were suspended in June over comments and photos posted on the same site, MySpace.com.
The police department began investigating the Web sites in March after they were discovered by another officer.
Last month, officers Gene Haynes and Adam O'Quinn were suspended over postings about an officer who had arrested country singer John Michael Montgomery in February on a charge of drunken driving.
Haynes posted an altered photograph of Montgomery and a fan, in which the arresting officer's face was placed on the fan's body.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house