Sergeant charged with 4 rapes in Illinois college town
By JIM PAUL
The Associated Press
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. — A police sergeant who was caught lurking outside a woman's house was charged Friday with four rapes dating back to 2002.
Prosecutors say the attacker was armed with a knife in one case and a gun in another.
Pelo, a 17-year veteran of the department, was arrested June 11 after the woman reported him lurking outside her home, and he was put on paid administrative leave.
The Bloomington area is home to Illinois State and Illinois Wesleyan Universities.
No details about the rape victims were immediately released.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy