50 DUI cases dropped over Ill. officer's improper procedure
Related P1 Tip: DUI physical sobriety tests
By Eric Herman and Frank Main
CHICAGO, Ill. — Cook County prosecutors have dropped more than 50 drunken-driving cases recently because the police officer who wrote the citations did not follow procedure, authorities said Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house