Pa. trooper charged with homicide to stand trial
By Ramesh Santanam
The Associated Press
INDIANA, Pa. — A judge on Wednesday ordered a state trooper accused of cutting the throat of his girlfriend's estranged husband and letting him bleed to death to stand trial on a homicide charge.
Prosecutors say Trooper Kevin Foley killed John Yelenic, a dentist, at his home in Blairsville in April 2006. Yelenic was divorcing his wife, Michele, who was dating and living with Foley at the time of Yelenic's death.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. trooper charged with homicide to stand trial
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy