Ind. officer suspected in drive-by shooting
GARY, Ind. — A city police officer named as a suspect in a drive-by shooting in a nearby town has been suspended and turned in his gun, badge and radio.
Detective Cpl. Steven Andrus, a six-year veteran of the Gary Police Department, will remain on paid suspension for the duration of the investigation, said Cmdr. Samuel Roberts.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ind. officer suspected in drive-by shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help