La. cop suspended for fight with officer
By Chris Kirkham and Brendan McCarthy
NEW ORLEANS — The New Orleans Police Department has suspended one of its officers after he allegedly led Crescent City Connection police on a high-speed chase, fled after being pulled over, and slapped a bridge police officer who followed him to his district station, authorities said.
Officer Donyell Sanchell, a four-year veteran in NOPD's 1st District, has been suspended without pay after the Saturday incident, according to police spokesman Bob Young.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: La. cop suspended for fight with officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house