La. cop suspended for fight with officer
By Chris Kirkham and Brendan McCarthy
NEW ORLEANS — The New Orleans Police Department has suspended one of its officers after he allegedly led Crescent City Connection police on a high-speed chase, fled after being pulled over, and slapped a bridge police officer who followed him to his district station, authorities said.
Officer Donyell Sanchell, a four-year veteran in NOPD's 1st District, has been suspended without pay after the Saturday incident, according to police spokesman Bob Young.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: La. cop suspended for fight with officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms