Calif. man who sued officer gets $11 million
By Dana Littlefield
The San Diego Union-Tribune
SAN DIEGO — A Superior Court jury has awarded more than $11 million in damages to man who suffered brain injuries when he was knocked to the ground by a San Diego police officer in 2006.
Pablo Gomez, 28, fractured his skull in the incident in the Gaslamp Quarter. He sued the city of San Diego and Officer Joseph DeVeaux last year for negligence and battery.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. man who sued officer gets $11 million
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform