Discipline for off duty conduct varies greatly
By Ben Winslow
Deseret Morning News
SANDY, Utah — Despite a sweeping new series of guidelines, the level of discipline facing officers involved in misconduct allegations still appears to vary greatly.
During its quarterly meeting here on Wednesday, the Utah Peace Officer Standards and Training Council grappled with how much punishment to hand out. Cases involving 27 officers were brought up.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Discipline for off duty conduct varies greatly
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman