Discipline for off duty conduct varies greatly
By Ben Winslow
Deseret Morning News
SANDY, Utah — Despite a sweeping new series of guidelines, the level of discipline facing officers involved in misconduct allegations still appears to vary greatly.
During its quarterly meeting here on Wednesday, the Utah Peace Officer Standards and Training Council grappled with how much punishment to hand out. Cases involving 27 officers were brought up.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Discipline for off duty conduct varies greatly
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help