Former Texas officer indicted for fatally shooting man during traffic stop
By Erica Molina Johnson
El Paso Times
EL PASO, Texas — Wednesday's indictment of ex-deputy constable Mario Ramos on aggravated assault charges from an Aug. 18 shooting was the culmination of an investigative effort of law enforcement agencies and the district attorney's office.
Ramos allegedly assaulted Juan Antonio Ortegon during a traffic stop that turned into a car and foot chase.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms