Former Texas officer indicted for fatally shooting man during traffic stop
By Erica Molina Johnson
El Paso Times
EL PASO, Texas — Wednesday's indictment of ex-deputy constable Mario Ramos on aggravated assault charges from an Aug. 18 shooting was the culmination of an investigative effort of law enforcement agencies and the district attorney's office.
Ramos allegedly assaulted Juan Antonio Ortegon during a traffic stop that turned into a car and foot chase.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman