Missing Ala. officer arrested in Vegas
Ala. organized crime unit chief missing
The Associated Press
DECATUR, Ala. — An Alabama policeman whose disappearance last week triggered search parties has turned up alive and well but under arrest in Las Vegas.
Sgt. Faron White is accused of staging a vanishing act to cover up a theft of $2,500 from his police department in the northern Alabama city of Decatur.
Police said the 48-year-old head of the city's organized crime unit was arrested in a Las Vegas hotel late Monday on a theft charge.
The officer's family reported him missing early Saturday after he failed to return home from work. Police found signs of a struggle in White's office and began a search.
Authorities said a 29-year-old woman, Sarah Richardson, was arrested at her home in Decatur and charged with helping White flee the state.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds