Texas officer fired amid drug allegations
By Deanna Boyd
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
FORT WORTH, Texas — A Fort Worth police officer has been fired on accusations that he illegally bought, and on one occasion ingested, prescription drugs while in uniform and driving his patrol car.
Jerry "J.D." Hall Jr., who had been with the department since 1992, was indefinitely suspended -- tantamount to being fired -- effective today, according to a letter signed by new Police Chief Jeff Halstead and filed with the Civil Service Commission on Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas officer fired amid drug allegations
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help